Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a peek at these. In that way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you'd like to establish a web portal, mail aliases, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by given hosts, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting plans often include ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given period of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly mistaken explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between independent hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you wish to share an immense quantity of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will receive a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to tackling your email mailbox accounts. Some vendors offer website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to run a mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to run as many video files as you want to without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and mail accounts, upload video clips, etc. At MotivatedTalents, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the regular email/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for specific web content solely.